Clarington Public Library provides access to material in a variety of formats which are suited to accommodate those who may have a perceptual disability. Please contact a staff member if you require assistance locating material.
- Books on CD
- Audiobooks through OverDrive
- eBooks through OverDrive (settings can be adjusted with the majority of our downloadable e-books to suit personal preferences for text size and typeface).
- Large Print books
- Browse Aloud is a screen reader software loaded on all Clarington Public Library computers
Many DVDs in our collection have the sub-title option. Many of the databases we subscribe to offer text to speech capability. This includes: Gale Infotrac, PebbleGo, Early World of Learning, TumbleBooks, and TumbleReadables
Clarington Public Library’s website has many features that make it accessible.
- It is not reliant on fixed fonts - patrons may zoom in and out to view the site to a size comfortable for their viewing
- Text descriptions are available for all of the images used to facilitate those using screen readers
- Device-independent interaction with the site: use a mouse, keyboard, et cetera
Clarington Public Library welcomes suggestions to our collection and feedback. Should you wish to speak with a staff member, please telephone 905-623-7322 x2712.