Computers at every branch are equipped with Browse Aloud, a screen reading software. In addition, all Clarington Public Library websites may be read by any screen reading software. You can find more information about Browse Aloud by visiting their website.
Clarington Public Library is committed to providing accessible service. CPL provides:
- Service desks at the Bowmanville and Newcastle Branches that have a section accessible to persons who use a wheelchair or scooter.
- The multi-story Bowmanville Branch has a passenger elevator equipped with Braille writing.
- Computers at the Bowmanville and Newcastle Branches are installed with a range of heights.
- Security gate and stack clearances, between and at the end of stacks, are wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair or scooter.
- Bowmanville, Courtice, and Newcastle Branches are wheelchair accessible. The Orono Branch is not wheelchair accessible due to the historic nature of the building. For those customers who are not able to access the Orono Branch and do not wish to visit one of our neighbouring branches, please consider our Good Neighbours program.
- Each branch provides computer keyboards with large font type.
Clarington Public Library welcomes feedback. Should you wish to speak with a staff member, please telephone 905-623-7322 x2712.